By Lucy Waverman (Food & Drink Magazine)
Apple and Cheddar
Mushrooms and Cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 450F (230C)
2. Slice French stick into 1/2-inch (1-cm) slices. Brush each slice with oil. Place on oiled baking sheet, oil side up. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until lighlty golden.
3. Slice or grate apple and mix with lemon juice. Pile on to toast rounds. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Reserve.
4. Heat butter in skillet on high heat. When it sizzles, add mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes or until juices bejin to appear. Stir in garlic and continue to cook until juices disappear, about another 2 minutes more. Stire in cream, bring to boil, reduce for 1 minute or until cream just coats mushrooms. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss mushroom mixture with cheddar and pile on to toasts.
6. Preheat oven bioler. Place all toasts on baking sheet and broil for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling, watching closely so they do not burn.