A recipe from Lynn Crawford, Food TV
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 pounds peaches, peeled and sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup peach nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, oats spices, and salt in a bowl, and then work in butter with a pastry blender or your fingertips until mixture forms small clumps.
3. Toss the peaches with the peach nectar and vanilla extract. Spread peaches in a lightly buttered 12” round baking dish. Top with crumb mixture.
4. Bake in middle of oven until topping is golden and peaches are tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.