Careers with Scotian Gold Cooperative Limited
Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia, we are the largest apple packing and storage operation in Eastern Canada and have been a leader in our industry for decades. Scotian Gold is committed to excellence, respect for people, families and communities. As we have opportunities available, we are looking for energetic and talented people ready to take on new challenges!
Current Employment OpportunitiesLocation: Coldbrook, NS
Cold Storage Operator
Scotian Gold presently has an opening for a Cold Storage Operator. Reporting to the Director Operations, the incumbent will be primarily responsible to ensure equipment and storage rooms are maintained at such a level to meet operating demands, production levels, and safety standards.
Candidates must have mechanical aptitude, excellent communication, organizational and computer skills to meet the needs of the role. You must be committed to safe work practices and be a team player with a keen willingness to learn. Knowledge of apple storage regimes, apple varieties, electronic equipment, mechanical, electrical, or air operated processes considered an asset. On the Job training will be provided to those with relevant experience and a willingness to take on various warehousing duties including monitoring, cleaning, storage room preparation, equipment maintenance and pre-maintenance. This is a hands on position which involves overtime hours throughout the year.
- Observe and monitor the operation of our storage rooms and equipment in order to diagnose atmosphere or temperature changes.
- Monitor refrigeration systems including leak monitoring. Work closely with the refrigeration company to ensure safe and secure operation.
- Repair, install, adjust and maintain equipment.
- Accurately record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Hands on work to ensure storage doors are tightly sealed and rooms are leak free.
- Warehouseman duties including keeping work areas clean and tidy.
Wage as per Collective Agreement
Interested candidates, who possess the minimum requirements as listed above, should email a resume to email@example.com.
If you are a motivated and energetic individual wishing to work in a challenging work environment, we'd love to hear from you.